How to use WhatsApp with the official Chrome web-client (WhatsApp Web)This is the easiest solution on our list, as WhatsApp has developed an official web-client for this purpose.
Go to web.whatsapp.com on your PC and scan the QR code with your phone (using QR code reader or a similar app), then follow the installation instructions. This provides you with all of the regular WhatsApp functionality, like voice and picture messaging, but there is a caveat. The WhatsApp web-client acts as a "mirror" for your device, meaning you will only receive messages on WhatsApp web if you receive it on your phone also. Your device has to be switched on, and connected to the internet, to use the web-client.
The above method will work for anybody running a Windows machine, with WhatsApp on their smartphone, and using Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Chrome.
How to use WhatsApp on PC and Mac with PushbulletPushbullet presents another easy way to get WhatsApp on your PC or Mac. Like WhatsApp Web, Pushbullet mirrors messages and notifications on your PC and also enables you to reply to them directly.
You will need to download the app on your phone, and register, then log into Pushbullet in your browser via the website. One this is done, close your browser and open it again; it should be automatically configured to display any notifications you receive. If it's not, you can easily tinker with the settings to suit your liking.
How to use WhatsApp on PC and Mac using BlueStacksThis process takes about ten minutes and involves installing an Android emulator known as BlueStacks. This program will replicate your Android smartphone on your computer and it can be installed from Google Play.
- When you activate WhatsApp on your computer using this method, the account on your smartphone will be deactivated, as it only allows one account per device.
- You can also use YouWave or Wassapp to achieve similar results, but we've found Bluestacks to be the most reliable solution.
2. When you open the program you will see a search icon in the top left hand side which you will use to search for WhatsApp (or just click the WhatsApp icon if it is there when it loads).
3. In order to search for the application, BlueStacks requires two configuration steps. For this reason, it will open a window called One Time Setup. Follow the instructions until you see the message.
4. After you are finished this process, Google Play will automatically open. Now you’ll need to insert the information from your account.
5. Once you are in Google Play, it’s the same old steps: search and install WhatsApp.
6. Finally you simply need to set up your account in the application and indicate your phone number and country, after which you will receive a verification code of 6 digits on your phone. This code then needs to be entered into the verification box.
Please note that you cannot use WhatsApp on two devices at the same time. For this method to work, you need two WhatsApp accounts (i.e. two phone numbers).
Let us know in the comments below which method you prefer for using WhatsApp on your PC or Mac.